This has been a really exciting week, beginning with the opening of the Prix de Lausanne competition, a ballet world premier at NYCB, and culminating with the unexpected news that Benjamin Millepied was stepping down as the director of Paris Opera Ballet, and Aurélie Dupont stepping up! We love how more women are becoming ballet company artistic directors. Keep reading our ballet social media roundup to find out more highlights from this very busy week.
10. We had to pick this adorable photo of Leanne Cope and her American In Paris colleagues celebrating Grease Live! Have you seen it yet? Both of us as Pas de Blog adored it, and the dancing in it is amazing.
9. The Prix de Lausanne competiion kicked off in Switzerland at the beginning of this week. Maria Kochetkova designed an exclusive tee shirt available for sale during the competition for competitors to wear. Good luck to all in the competition!
8. Our Everybody Ballet teacher, Celisa Diuana, was featured in this gorgeous video posted over the weekend. Make sure you give it a watch!
— Pas De Blog (@pas_de_blog) January 29, 2016
7. The Royal Opera House’s lifts were full of principal dancers rehearsing for the Royal Ballet’s upcomming production of Giselle. Thanks to Thiago Soares for sharing this snap.
A photo posted by Thiago Soares (@_tsoares) on
6. Justin Peck’s new ballet for NYCB premeried this week. We wish we could have seen it, the costumes and design looked out of this world.
5. Boston Ballet is gearing up for their production of Onegin, and shared with us the facebook feed of Tatiana and Onegin.
— Boston Ballet (@BostonBallet) January 29, 2016
4. Birmingham Royal Ballet’s double Ashton bill is coming up, and they have created a quiz to find out which Ashton character you would be. Share your results in the comments!
— Bham Royal Ballet (@BRB) February 4, 2016
3. Tuesday was not just #TutuTuesday but also #WorldTutuDay! Social media was overflowing with images of gorgeous tutus. The Royal Ballet School showcased some tutus from their archives on their instagram page.
A photo posted by Royal Ballet School (@royalballetschool) on
2. Benjamin Millepied’s poignant first instagram post after the press conference announcing he was stepping down as the artistic director of the Paris Opera Ballet.
1. Aurélie Dupont is announced the new artistc director of Paris Opera Ballet on Thursday afternoon. The former etoile shared this adorable alert on her instsgram page.
A photo posted by @aurelie__dupont on
Featured Image Credit: Justin Peck’s instagram.