We’re back with another social media roundup of what’s been happening in the ballet world this week. It all really boils down to one word: NUTCRACKER. We have made a significant effort to track down non-nutcracker ballet happenings, but a few inevitably snuck their way in there.
10. Paris Opera Ballet – In non nutcracker news, Nureyev’s version of La Bayadère has opened this week in Paris.
9. Melissa Hamilton continutes globetrotting around Europe, and is at Romanian National Ballet (Opera Națională București) this week.
Look @jiribubenicek .. I got me some @bbooties from @kobborg 😊 #ONB#ballet#balletlife#bbooties#ONBstyle #melissahamilton#jiribubenicek#johankobborg A photo posted by Melissa Hamilton (@missyballet88) on
8. Marianela Nunez performed one of her two dates as Juliet at the Royal Ballet on Friday 20/11.
7. The Australian Ballet is gearing up for their production of The Sleeping Beauty, and it has the most gorgeous tutus we’ve ever seen, especially the Lilac Fairy.
Beauty details are creeping into the studios again … You will be able to see this and so much more on Foxtel Arts this December! #TABSleepingBeauty 📷 @klongersklongers A photo posted by The Australian Ballet (@ausballet) on
6. Julian MacKay slaughtered Morgan and Andre’s piroutte dreams and posted this video of him practicing flawless pirouttes.
— Julian MacKay (@julian_mackay) November 24, 2015
5. ENB’s Joshua McSherry-Gray posted a photo from ENB’s tour around the UK of Lest We Forget.
4. Steven McRae shares a picture from Royal Ballet Nutcracker rehearsals with Iana Salenko.
Christmas has arrived at the @royaloperahouse Nutcracker rehearsals have started with the perfect Sugarplum Fairy @iana_salenko Rehearsal photo by @dancersdiary #stevenmcrae #ianasalenko #royalballet #royaloperahouse #christmas #nutcracker #ballet #dance #dancer #ballerina #instagood #tutu #prince #sugarplumfairy #fun
3. NYCB’s Megan Fairchild is getting ready to perform the Sugar Plum Fairy in NYCB’s Nutcracker. You should also really check out her podcast with Balancing Pointe called Ask Megan!
Nutcracker is just around the corner!!! First Sugar Plum is this Saturday night at Lincoln Center. This pic is with the ultimate cavalier, partner and friend @gonzalogarcia79 Photo cred Paul Kolnik ASK Megan! for Thanksgiving week! Episode 135~ Experiencing pain in hip flexors when stretching in the splits. Episode 136~ How to deal with studio jealousy. Episode 137~ What is transcendental meditation and how does it help a dancer. To listen to the answers go to balancing pointe.com and click on podcasts. We want to hear all of your questions! Record YOURS at balancingpointe.com by clicking on the ASK Megan tab. Wishing you all a safe and super happy holiday weekend!!! A photo posted by Megan Fairchild (@mfairchild17) on
2. If you can’t make it to a proper English tea Nutcracker style this Christmas, the Royal Opera House has sorted you out by sharing a recipe for their nutcracker christmas cupcakes.
— Royal Opera House (@RoyalOperaHouse) November 21, 2015
1. The Royal Ballet had a live stream event for a rehersal of their version of the Nutcracker, and you can now watch principals Lauren Cuthbertson and Matthew Golding rehearse the Sugar Plum Fairy grand pas de deux, as well as James Hay and Fumi Kanenko.
Featured Image: © 2015 The Australian Ballet