Happy Friday, everyone! Here’s an instagram catch-up around the ballet world for the week running Saturday 31 October – Friday 6 November, featuring our top ten picks.
10. ABT dancers Marcelo Gomes and Ethan Stiefel (Cooper Neilson!) get in the Halloween spirit!
9. The elusive Natalia Osipova is spotted in the audience supporting her partner Sergei Polunin as he performs at the Stanislavisky Theater.
At Stanislavsky Theater -Ashton Ballets -October 30th Photo © Catherine Sheynfeld #NataliaOsipova A photo posted by Natalia Osipova (@nataliaosipova86) on
8. Olivia Cowley after her stunning debut in Afternoon of a Faun.
7. Steven McRae and Iana Salenko after their performance on Tuesday of Romeo and Juliet at the Royal Opera House.
Another curtain call photo from last nights Romeo & Juliet with the beautiful @iana_salenko @royaloperahouse Photo by Leena Hassan #stevenmcrae #ianasalenko #romeoandjuliet #royalballet #curtaincall #performance #stage #ballet #dance #instagood #instadance #fun #kiss #dancer #redheads #ginger A photo posted by Steven McRae (@stevenmcrae_) on
6. Misty Copeland for Glamour Magazine as one of their Women of the Year. Have you watched her documentary A Ballerina’s Tale yet?
5. Center Stage 3 has been confirmed! Check out this photo of “Charlie” and “Cooper”!
Does this mean #Cooper & #Charlie are friends now? 😂 #CenterStage #CenterStage3 #Vancouver #cameos #spoileralert A photo posted by Gillian Murphy (@gillianemurphy) on
4. Ashton ballet The Two Pigeons is coming! Opening on the 18th of November at the Royal Opera House.
The Two Pigeons 🐦🐦 Yuhui Choe and Alexander Campbell share a tender moment in rehearsals for Frederick Ashton’s The Two Pigeons. 🐦🐦 The two-act ballet opens on the 18 Nov as part of an Ashton mixed programme with Monotones I and II. Tickets available from £5. 🐦🐦 #roh #ROHpigeons #royaloperahouse #royalballet #ballet #dance #ashton #london #ldn #coventgarden
3. Royal Ballet ballerina Lauren Cuthbertson reminds us that Christmas is fast approaching, as it’s almost Nutcracker season. We love these behind the scenes peaks at ballet photoshoots.
Tis the season…. The Christmas tree is already up in #coventgarden which can only mean one thing to dancers… The Nutcracker is around the corner!! #thenutcracker #royalballet A photo posted by Lauren Cuthbertson (@londonballerina) on
2. Melissa Hamilton in rehearsals at Dresden Semperoper Ballet for Manon with Jiri Bubenicek, which will be his final performance.
1. The big ballet news of the week – Sergei Polunin and Natalia Osipova confirm at the Sadler’s Wells press conference for their Spring/Summer 2016 season on Thursday that they will finally be performing together on the London stage. Tickets go on sale Monday 9/11/15 at 10AM.
Sergei and Natalia for Sadler’s Wells in spring/summer 2016. #sergeipolunin #nataliaosipova A photo posted by Сергей Полунин (@sergeipolunin_) on