Last night was Royal Ballet Guest Principal Carlos Acosta’s last show as a member of the company after 17 years. It went out live to cinemas around the world, allowing everyone who couldn’t be in the Royal Opera House to share this special moment with Carlos and the comapny. We saw so many amazing photos of dancers with Carlos, and his curtain call, that we decided to hijack Cool Down Friday and turn it into a Carlos Acosta roundup of his special night.
10. Carlos Acosta himself tweets about his final performance.
— Carlos Acosta CBE (@CAcostaOfficial) November 10, 2015 9. Royal Ballet principals Steven McRae, Thiago Soares and Lauren Cuthbertson watch from the wings and support their fellow dancer Carlos Acosta dances on the Covent Garden stage for the final time as a member of the Royal Ballet.
9. Royal Ballet principals Steven McRae, Thiago Soares and Lauren Cuthbertson watch from the wings and support their fellow dancer Carlos Acosta dances on the Covent Garden stage for the final time as a member of the Royal Ballet.
Watching in the wings with @_tsoares & @londonballerina at the @royaloperahouse as Carlos Acosta danced for the final time with the Royal Ballet! Photo by @_tsoares #stevenmcrae #thiagosoares #laurencuthbertson #carlosacosta #royalballet #stage #dance #ballet #farewell #backstage #instagood #fun A photo posted by Steven McRae (@stevenmcrae_) on
8. The entire company capturing Carlos’s special moment.
7. From the official Royal Opera House twitter, a lovely photo of Carlos during the flower throw.
6. Marcelino Sambé with a touching story about how much Carlos inspired him as a young dancer.
When I was 12 years old, back in Lisbon, I got to meet one of my biggest idols Carlos Acosta. This past three years I got to share the stage with him, and witness he’s last performance at the Royal Opera House stage! Thank you for all you have given to this art! #carlosacosta #ROH A photo posted by Marcelino Sambé (@marcisambe) on
5. Meaghan Grace Hinkis captures a really fantastic moment of Carlos during his final curtain call.
The legend that is Carlos Acosta…thank you for inspiring us all!! @cacostaofficial #farewell #royalballet #carmen #carlosacosta #honoured @royalballetcompany ❤️ A photo posted by Meaghan Grace Hinkis (@meaghangrace890) on
4. Love from the company ballerinas after the curtain call, courtesy of Anna Rose O’Sullivan’s insta.
Celebrating the career of Carlos Acosta tonight ! An incredible person and dancer!Thank you ⭐️#CarlosAcosta #ballet #celebration #royalballet A photo posted by Anna Rose O’Sullivan (@annaroseosullivan) on
3. Francesca Hayward captures Carlos saying goodbye to his adoring audience.
Saying thank you to a legend. Carlos we salute you. A photo posted by frankie hayward (@frankiegoestohayward) on
2. Olivia Cowley captures a truly touching moment during the curtain call with Carlos and his young daughter.
Carlos Acosta! #royalballet #royaloperahouse #carlosacosta #rohcarmen #legend #curtaincall A photo posted by Olivia Grace Cowley (@missoliviac) on
1. Bennet Gartside captures a really touching video of Carlos Acosta’s curtain call. Listen to those cheers!
That’s the moment. A video posted by Bennet Gartside (@benngartside) on
Featured Image: © ROH, 2015 Twitter Account