Supreme Court of Mississippi. This means that the metal roof of the building would complete the grounding circuit if magnolia electric power assoc "hot" wire came in contact with it, creating a very dangerous situation. Briggs testified that in his opinion it was not. City of Starkville v. Further, electricity became that of the customers upon passing through the meter.
Sun shines on Magnolia Citrus power bills
When the meter was moved, the wiring at the pole meter, which apparently had theretofore run through breakers in the meter base, was re-routed so that it did not pass through any breakers. Put another way, [U]nless the current is supplied with actual knowledge of such conditions, the responsibility of the company supplying electricity ends when connection is properly made under proper conditions and it delivers the current in a manner that will protect both life and property. Assuming, arguendo, that MEPA had knowledge that the meter had been moved to the house, and had an obligation to do something about it, Upton profits nothing, for had MEPA taken some action to get the meter placed back on the pole where it should have been, that, without more, would not have prevented the accident. He was working alone. Supreme Court of Mississippi.
Magnolia Electric Power Assn
The trial court granted the power company's motion for a directed verdict. It's true that it was apparently electricity that caused his death, and it's true that electricity was supplied to the home by the Magnolia Electric Power Association, but their responsibility ends somewhere, and by law it ends once that power goes through the meter. All wiring beyond the pole meter was under the control of the property owner, Bullock; therefore, MEPA's responsibility to inspect wiring stopped at the original pole meter connection. Upton's counsel posed Briggs a hypothetical question regarding whether the hookup to the Bullock home, with the pole meter removed and installed on the house, and with the wiring at the pole meter site route as it was the day of the accident, was a proper service connection. When Wood arrived that day, he found that the pole meter had long ago been disconnected and installed on the house, but the meter had been pulled off the house and placed on the ground. Bullock to come quickly. In the wiring had been originally set up so that electricity was fed from MEPA's nearby transformer "A" through a pole meter on a pole "B" in the Bullock's back yard. In due course the case was transferred to the Circuit Court of Pike County, Mississippi, where trial was held on October 10, Hancock Bank, So. Elizabeth Upton then testified about an incident occurring February 11, , which she later argues is indicative of MEPA's negligence.
The wiring bringing electrical current to the Bullock home is set forth in a configuration or schematic drawing attached hereto as Appendix A. Martin, who testified on behalf of Upton. Evonne testified that she followed her husband to the Bullock home on the evening of June 3,and upon arrival saw Jeff lying between two wires on the tin roof of the building in the back yard. In the wiring had been originally set up so that electricity was fed from MEPA's modern indoor plants transformer "A" through a pole meter on a pole "B" in the Bullock's magnolia electric power assoc yard. Though the dead boy's mother has sued the power company, the evidence wholly failed to show that the lines or the electricity were owned by the power company or that it negligently did or failed to do anything that caused the fatal accident. By this time, another neighbor, Buford Magnolia electric power assoc, had arrived and together they cut the wires going to the building upon which Magnolia electric power assoc was lying. Baker Service Tools, Inc. Briggs also described safety requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code. Have Other Bills to Pay? Martin, a neighbor of Mrs.
Supreme Court of Mississippi. All wiring beyond the pole meter was under the control of the property owner, Bullock; therefore, MEPA's responsibility to inspect wiring stopped at the original pole meter connection.
Magnolia Electric Power Association
Jeff was found lying on the tin roof of a shed, adjacent to the dog pen, in the backyard. People use Plastiq to pay important bills on their favorite cards. Upton's counsel responded that MEPA permitted electricity to flow through lines to the Bullock home, and the power company should have recognized a dangerous condition existed when it visited the Bullock home back in She walked under the power lines that went to the building upon which Jeff was killed, and some of the limbs touched the wires and fire shot everywhere.
2015 Hancock Chamber Annual Meeting
Assuming, arguendo, that MEPA had knowledge that the meter had been moved to the house, and had an obligation to do something about it, Upton profits nothing, for had MEPA taken some action to get the meter placed back on the pole where it should have been, that, without more, would not have prevented the accident. Wood explained that the power company owned all the wiring up to the pole meter and that the power company owned the electricity until it passed through the customer's meter. He described where the pole meter and meter base had once been located, and how the wiring had been changed so that the electricity to the buildings in magnolia electric power assoc back yard could not be cut off with the breaker located in the meter base. Upton's sole assignment of magnolia electric power assoc challenges the correctness of the Circuit Court's granting of MEPA's motion for a directed verdict.